Do you have a completely defunct website, or website address which doesn’t go anywhere?


  • You can take your existing website address (e.g. and redirect it to your new page at ‘A Church Near You’ or ‘Find a Church’. To do this you’ll need to know where your web domain is registered. Popular ones are GoDaddy and 123Reg. If you don’t know this, your billing history may help, or the website Icann.
  • Once you have found your domain provider and logged in, you can forward the address to point to your church’s page within ‘A Church Near You’ or ‘Find a Church’.
  • Once this has been done, you can delete your defunct website and stop paying for any hosting for it, although you will need to continue paying the annual fee for the domain name (the website address) through the same provider as before.

Share This Post