To build a picture of your locality
The Centre for Theology & Community has a list of sources of local information for churches, such as those mapping poverty or religious affiliation, with questions for churches to use: www.bit.ly/2l494XE.
A free trial of Acorn (www.acorn.caci.co.uk) will describe your neighbours down to where they’re likely to shop
If you’re brave enough to use a questionnaire to find out what people think of your church, sample questions might include:
- How long have you lived in the area?
- What local services do you use?
- What do you think are some of the issues locally?
- Have you ever connected with [name of church] in any way?
- Have you visited the church hall or equivalent?
- Did you know that the church offers [activity/event/course/service]?
- Would you find it useful to be notified of future courses/events?
- Would you like prayer?